Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Spring Equinox

The weather in Waipu has been extremely violent this week and each day has seen copious amounts of rain and very strong winds. This has made it almost impossible to maintain any semblance of normality on our lifestyle block and my preparations for Spring gardening have fallen by the wayside. I needed to get some copper spray on all our fruit trees, but the wind has stymied that idea. Although I have managed to weed and tie up most of our boysenberies they also need a spray and I will have to build some type of cover to keep the birds from enjoying the whole crop. I have planted many seeds in our glasshouse and most appear to be coming along very well and as the days warm up,we can start preparing the vege patch. I will write up my 2010 garden diary and keep a record of how well we get on. Should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment